As many of you probably know, testosterone is the “manly” sex hormone that is responsible for a lot in a man’s body. As we age and through poor lifestyle choices our testosterone levels can drop below desired levels. If you don’t take action, these levels will continue to fall as you age.
Functions of Testosterone. Testosterone is easily the most important hormone in the male body and it has a wide variety of functions. These include:
- Muscle regulation (establishing how quickly muscle is built and the quality of muscle mass)
- Enhancing you overall masculinity and well being
- Improved sex drive and performance
- Improved mood and mental clarity
- Maintaining optimal bone density
- Keeping a lean body mass through increased insulin sensitivity and a higher metabolic rate